Random posts everywhere!!!
Last night I had this deep seated inkling to get up and go to the nearest bookstore to buy anything. ANYTHING. I was itching sooooooo bad on books that I had this mantra inside my head, “Books now! Books now! NOW NOW NOW!”
It’s been a while since I last opened a book and I miss it. The smell of fresh pages from ghe first ceremonious plastic-ripping event after purchase, that smooth feel of the book cover as I stare at the magnificent art in the front page….but augh…THE SMELL I TELL YOU…THE SMELL… *faints*
Being a huge fan of J.K. Rowling, I’ve encountered an interview she had with someone and thet asked her, “Do you think that books will suffer in reference to preference of some readers to e-reading?”
I was like, NO NO MY QUEEN SMACK HER WITH A WITTY IN YOUR FACE REPLY!
She didn’t disappoint.
“No. Readers will always look forward to the smell and the feel of books in reality and nothing compares to that even through developed technology.” (A/N: paraphrasing)
I thought about this and I’ve decided to write the 9 books that makes a reader….well, a reader. These are the books that touched your heart in an uncanny way that made you desire to open up literature and to look for adventures, be it imaginary, everywhere. These are books that are so unforgettable to you that it literally stuck the story into your head for a lifetime. Instead of deliberately forcing you guys to like a book ai’d suggest, let’s just generalize things and enjoy 🙂
1. THE BOOK THAT MADE YOU INTO A BIBLIOPHILE
– Do you remember that first book you got off the shelf that you were initially doubting its quality and entertainment capabilities? Then you go home and read up that book for hours or days, letting it consume your soul far more than it should that at the end of the story you would likely be screaming at the top of your lungs for MORE MORE MORE!
Yeah. That book. *wink*
2. THE “SPECIAL GIFT” BOOK
– This book may or may not be your own choice but someone special to you gave it on a special day. You can’t say that you don’t like it, you’re not particularly infatuated with the story but you can’t let it go despite everything. You have considered selling some of your books, BUT YOU JUST CAN’T LET THIS ONE GO. Its a highly memorable one considering that the book represents the person rather than the adventure it poses inside.
*psst* just don’t let the giver know you haven’t actually read it yet, you’re simple treasuring it silently
3. THE BOOK THAT MADE YOU LAUGH LIKE CRAZY. NOT THE ROFL, BUT THE ROFLOMGIMDYING KIND OF LAUGHTER.
– Who would have thought that books could pretend for stand up?! You know its comedy by the first look you give it but by the moment you read that first few paragraphs deep inside, you find yourself sprawled on the floor, gasping for breath, laughing hysterically, and trying to find sanity. Rare books come along your way that could ACTUALLY tickle your tummy, and when you do see it, you won’t let it go.
Just don’t go harassing every human being you see on the road and yelling, “DO YOU WANT TO LAUGH?! Read this READ THIS read this!!!!” Chill man. You might end up in an asylum.
4. THE BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY
– Contrary to book #3, this book tuggles your heart so hard that you find yourself crying a bucket load of tears alone in your room with a tub of ice cream you bought just for you and constantly sniffing at the large box of tissues at your bedside table. This book should be illegal at best, I mean, it induces INTENSE I TELL YOU INTENSE swirl of emotions that make you doubt that you’re ever going to be able to cry for many many years to come.
*blows nose* WHY LANDON WHY?!” (A/N: A walk to remember by nicholas sparks)
5. THE BOOK THAT MADE YOU FRUSTRATINGLY ANGRY THAT YOU’RE FAMILY PROBABLY KEPT A KEEN DISTANCE FROM YOU FOR A FEW WEEKS.
– Speaking of intense emotions? TADA! This book may not be to your liking once you think about it, but it stimulates that angry tiger/crocodile/dragon prince or princess deep inside you so bad that you want to throw the book into oblivion and never see it again. Trust me, you can’t, because despite hating the book so much, you will never forget the frustrating adventure of emotions it gave you.
*cowers* Just don’t hurl that thing to my anyone’s face okay? Then, we’re cool.
6. THE BOOK THAT MADE YOU FALL IN LOVE HEAD OVER HEELS THEN TO HAVE YOUR HEART CRUSHED INTO S MILLION TINY PIECES WITHOUT REMORSE.
– Let’s face it, the human heart is such a fragile thing! To fall in love with an imaginary character?! (Ships anyone?) on top of that, he/she (#gender equality) is soooooo freaking adorable that you can’t help imagining yourself a life with im/ger or what you’re kids would look like. Or going by far as to ship yourself to him or her so bad, you literally dream about it at night.
Side note tho: keep dreaming *manic laughter*
7. THE BOOK THAT SCARED THE LIVING HELL OUT OF YOU
– Now going to as far as remembering a book, this one takes the WHOLE G*DDAMN CAKE. This book literally made you so scared of walking to your bathrooms at night to pee because of the fear of something crawling towards you as you do your thing. But hey, a little kidney disease wouldn’t hurt compared to the mutilation and terror you’ll get from monsters in the dark, keep your pee in.
Through the screams and terror, this book made your heart a LOT more faster than normal that it felt like it’ll jump out of your ribcage and you’d lie bleeding to death from a scare. *nice mental image right there*
8. THE BOOK THAT SURPRISINGLY DESPITE BEING A LAZY Person YOU WENT THROUGH IT AND YOU LEARNED SOMETHING.
– Trust me, nothing says ‘BOOK’ than the idea that you’ll learn something from it, it may be implied or not but hey you get the point. Rarely does a book capture you’re interest so bad in the end you’ll feel like Einstein…okay keep dreaming bud but you’re there *sympathetic pat in the back*. But the thing is you weren’t expecting to enjoy the “Dummies” book or the how to’s books but congrats! Now you know how to cook without burning egg. *cue tears of joy*
9. LASTLY, THE BOOK THAT COMBINED ALL 9
– NOW WE’RE TALKING. This book is so special to you that if I ask you what you’re favorite is, its probably this one, it scared you, it taught you things, it made you fall in love, it made you cry, it made you laugh, in short… ITS FREAKING AWESOME! *fistbump*. What more can I say about the most perfect book you’ve ever read? Nothing. Seriously the thing speaks for itself.
Books are so magical that it becomes an escape from reality. But whatever you’re taste is in books, if you haven’t gotten my point (Seriously?! *raise sassy eyebrow*) THEN MY FRIEND I ORDER YOU TO GO OUT THERE AND LOOK FOR ALL THESE BOOKS. I can literally yell at you that you’re really missing out. Come by page or by the net, look for what interests you most…might amaze you at how talented humanity is.
Btw, have I told you how awesome “The Theory of Everything” is? (Another story for another time *wink*>)
p.s. Sorry for the late post though (had an exam, eww i know -_-)
– Mindless Adventurer